As y’all know a child, while wholeheartedly wanted, isn’t really an option at the moment. Medically, financially, or relationshiplly (why yes I did make up my own word there) wise Alex and I will be waiting to have a child. One of the things I’ve been trying to do in order to find the silver lining to this cloud of infertility and more over my own personal wishes, is to make a bucket list of things I’d like to do
So far this is what I have:
- Lose 10 lbs – I’m sure this will continue post pregnancy, but I also know that after a baby my body will never look the same. I’d like to fit into my wedding dress (not that I’ll have a reason to wear it) one last time before a baby arrives.
- Get the whole meal planning thing down – I love to cook, but suck at meal planning. Luckily I’m getting better at this now!
Discover a new book series I LOVE – Hello Hunger Games
- Have more “wine nights” – :: wink wink :: hi gal pals, we need to plan this again.
- Meet some new gal pals – um, does anyone know of a dating service for friendships? Atlanta area bloggers? Ladies??
- Develop an exercise routine – plays off of #1, but I want something I can do on a regular basis that helps me mentally as well as physically. I’ve got one in mind, I just need to get more disciplined at using our treadmill.
- Shoot some more pool – yes this is how I met my hubby, but it’s a hobby I had before I met him and I LOVE it. Plus I used to be pretty good, not sure how I feel going out on my own so I need to find someone to do this with me so I don’t feel so odd given the whole “how I met my hubby” aspect.
House / Home
- Get new flooring for the house – this seriously better happen this year. I don’t think I can handle ANOTHER year of shitty linoleum.
- Paint our cabinets white – that should actually be done this summer. Good-bye prison gray!!
- Go White Water rafting – no clue why. I just kinda want to.
- Go back to Disney World one more time as an “adults only” vacation. – Y’all, Disney World is 10X better as an adult. Just remember that … you think it’s a fun idea as a kid, wait until you can stay out till 1 a.m. riding rides AND DRINKING.
- Zip line – there are a lot of neat areas in GA I can do this, so I’m thinking sometime this year I can cross this off.
- Take a vacation, ANY VACATION – Yes #2 plays into this, but in all seriousness I’d be cool with a trip to the beach. I just want my hubby to join me and so far that is a big, fat no.
- Eliminate all CURRENT credit card debt. - That’s about $5000 folks. The way I see it, we’ll likely always have debt even a little. So I can’t say eliminate all debt because our house and student loans will prevent us from having kids for 30 years if we go that route. But credit card debt? That can be done in 12 months based on my current projections.
- Playing off of the above I’d like to pay off my car – we bought this fully intending it to be the family car, how much more family friendly would it be if I didn’t write a check for it every month???
So far that is all I have, but I may add more things as I go. Do y’all have any suggestions?